Last week, I was fortunate enough to attend the Makeup Show NYC, a two-day makeup symposium for makeup artists and beauty aficionados alike. The show featured seminars by professionals in the beauty industry and I had the pleasure of attending a presentation by Kevin James Bennett, an award-winning makeup artist representing Naked Cosmetics. Frequenting high-fashion runway shows, Bennett is an expert on tracking makeup trends. His forecast for fall 2013: Burgundy eyes!
Burgundy eyes can be a difficult look to achieve successfully. Bennett’s tips will make tackling this look simply effortless! Here’s what he suggests:
- Apply your primer
- Shade your crease line with a kohl pencil
- Take your gel eyeliner – Bennett used purple – and scoop a bit with a pallet knife
- Mix in a burgundy pigment
- Dab the mixture onto the lid of your eyes and into your crease line
- Buff the color out with a clean blending brush
- Pat some more loose burgundy pigment over the lid of your eye
- Again, blend with a clean brush
- Pat a small amount of pigment under your lower lash line
- And as Bennett stresses– blend, blend, and blend some more!
Try these products to achieve this look:
Lancome Long Wear Calligraphy Gel Eyeliner, Bright Electric Purple $24.50
Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil, Black Violet $20.00
Make Up For Ever Star Powder, 955 $20.oo
Keep up with Amanda by following her @Amanda_Pie4190!