Tweezed to Perfection
Let's face it, eyebrows require maintenance. Whether you prefer waxing, threading, or going au natural, at the very minimum, every girl should own a pair of tweezers, even if just for emergencies.
For at-home eyebrow upkeep, start by deciding how you want the finished product to look. The beginning of your brows should align with the bridge of your nose, while the ends should match up with the outer corners of your eyes. Keep this in mind throughout the process, as not to over-pluck.
Next, use an eyebrow comb to brush your brows so that the hair's actual length is visible and they are all going in the same direction.
Start by tweezing the stray hairs that very obviously don't belong. These hairs are recognized as the most visible and the most unwanted. Keep in mind that the area that is ideal for tweezing exists underneath the brow, not above. Try to avoid tweezing hairs above the brow as to maintain the brow's natural arch.
Once these strays have been taken care of, you can begin the most difficult part: shaping. The best advice to be given when shaping one's brows is as follows:
1. Don't stray too far from their original shape.
2. Too full is always better than too scarce.
3. Step away from the close-up mirror occasionally throughout the process.
4. Trim them with scissors, only if you must....and do so carefully.
5. If you make a mistake--it will grow back. And it the mean time, pencils work wonders!
For more tips, follow @SHabersaat!