Top 5 Beauty Foods
No matter how many creams or scrubs we use, much of our skin's appearance will always be attributed to our diets. For this reason, along with other health benefits, it is important to maintain good eating habits, or at least be knowledgeable about how certain foods and our bodies interact. Below are 5 foods that have each been proven to help develop glowing skin.
1. Water. This first one may not fall under the "food" category per-say, but it is perhaps the most important thing to take in. In order for your body to cleanse itself of toxins and impurities, it needs to be replenished with water constantly.
2. Berries. Whether they be blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries, all types are rich in antioxidants, which greatly benefit the roots and appearance of your pores. Berries can be eaten alone, or tossed into yogurt and cereal; either way, they are delicious and good for you.
3. Sweet Potatoes. This vegetable boasts a super rich color that serves as a reflection of how full of nutrients and vitamins it is.
4. Grapefruit. For years, grapefruit has been the go-to for healthy eaters. Not only does it have tons of vitamin C, which brings out good skin color, but it helps digestion by boosting your metabolism.
5. Eggs. For some people, bad skin is the result of a lack of iron. When eaten in moderation, eggs, which are loaded with iron, can help rid of paleness and dark under-eye circles.