How To Take The Perfect Selfie + $1,000 Giveaway
This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Neutrogena and Latina Bloggers Connect. All opinions are my own.
Taking the perfect selfie is an art form. One that I like to think I have mastered. By following the tips I'm outlining in this post you will be on your way to taking flawless looking selfies.
Before getting all dolled up for a selfie you have to focus on creating a smooth, bright base -- your face. The emphasis of a selfie is put on your face. Having great skin is what's going to make your selfie a great one. I've shared with you guys time and time again how much I love using Neutrogena to help maintain my skin's health. Lately my go-to's have been the Neutrogena Oil-free Pink Grapefruit products.
Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser: I can't stress how important it is to wash your face every single day. For the best results use a facial cleanse twice a day. This one works really hard to break up the dirt, fights break outs and gives you a squeaky clean feel. I love how the grapefruit scent wakes me up in the morning.
Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub: Exfoliating your face, at least a couple of times a week, will reveal glowing skin. The microbeads in this scrub remove dead skin without irritating your skin and is gentle enough to use on a daily basis. I make sure to exfoliate especially on the days after wearing heavy makeup.
Neutrogena Pink Grapefuit Cleansing Wipes: One thing I can't live without are my makeup removing wipes. Using these in conjunction with the other two products will further aid in the fight against acne. If you can't wash your face one night, at least wipe all that makeup away with a cleansing wipe.
Tips For Taking The Perfect Selfie
1. Maintain a proper skin care routine. The products mentioned above will keep your skin clear and glowing. Don't solely rely on makeup to help you look flawless.
2. Lighting: Great lighting will make or break your selfie. Stand directly in front of the sun, natural light or another lighting source for best results.
3. Find a flattering angle. I've discovered that holding the phone up a little higher above you will make you look great.
4. Apply a filter but don't go overboard. A good selfie doesn't need a ton of filters. I like to simply brighten up my photos a bit or intensify the color.
Now that you've read my tips, apply them to your next selfie and you might be one of the 3 winners for this next giveaway!
The $1,000 Giveaway
3 winners will be chosen to win the following:
1. Receive an individual consulation with Neutrogena experts (Dermatologist + Makeup artist)
2. A year-long supply of Neutrogena products valued at $1,000
Entering the Giveaway is super easy. All you have to do is upload a selfie on your Instagram and use the hashtag #NeutrogenaSelfie. And make sure you check it off on Rafflecopter below!
Giveaway ends on August 29th