How To Whiten And Brighten Your Smile
Coffee, soda pop, candy, fruit smoothies, and red wine. Five of my favourite things to ingest which also happen to be the 5 sure-fire ways to dull your teeth. And they don't just dull your pearly whites, they turn them an ugly greyish tone. Not exactly a pearly white smile. So how is a lady supposed to keep her teeth looking light, bright, and white? You DIY. Obvs.
What You Will Need
The awesome part of this simple DIY is not just that it works, but the fact that you only need two ingredients to make it work. Yes, TWO!
Just hit the kitchen and round-up:
- 2 strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
Pretty easy already, isn't it? From there the process is simple.
How To Make Your Own Teeth Whitener
Using your two ingredients:
- chop your strawberries into little chunks, throw them into a small bowl, and sprinkle the baking soda over top of them
- mash together your strawberries and baking soda until it turns into a paste that can be easily spread
- once you have your paste, dip a clean toothbrush (not your regular toothbrush) into your paste
- start to brush your teeth with the mixture
- brush for 2 minutes
- rinse your mouth out well
- stare in the mirror and marvel at how clean and sparkly white your smile is
Thanks to the salicylic acid in strawberries, this whitener works to lightly and gradually scrub away any surface stains.
Whereas the malic acid content helps to increase your saliva production, helping to wash away any rogue food particles caught in your teeth or damage-causing bacteria on your enamel. On top of that, the baking soda penetrates your enamel to get inside and scrub away any deep-set, stubborn stains that give your teeth that unsightly greyish tinge.
And that's that! A quick and easy DIY teeth whitener that is not only better for your mouth than those chemical-laden bleaching kits, but it costs pennies per treatment, ultimately saving you from spending big money to get your teeth professionally whitened. It's just another way to look your very best, but for less!
Vanessa is a beauty blogging babe whose work can be found on sites all around cyberland, including a review on the best breast enhancement cream, as well as handy DIY tips and tricks to help her readers look and feel their very best for less!