DIY Lip Moisturizer
Let the craftiness ensue! With the descending of artisan culture and the rise of mass-marketed items, it's hard to get your hands on homemade goodies these days. And who actually knows what's being put into factory-made goods? Lengthy scientific names can make reading product labels utterly perplexing. Personally, I love concocting my own beauty recipes to share with my family and friends. Making your own products can be quick, easy, and fun with guided instruction. Tap into your inter craftswomen (or man!) and make your own natural, handmade lip moisturizer. Here's how:
- Beeswax (white or yellow), 1 tablespoon
- Candelilla Wax, 1.5 tablespoons
- Shea Butter, .5 tablespoon
- Mango Butter, .5 tablespoon
- Sweet Almond Oil, .5 tablespoon
- Flavor Oil or Essential Oil, 1 teaspoon
- Rosemary Antioxidant CO2 Extract, .05 teaspoon
**All of these ingredients can be found on newdirectionsaromatics.com, my favorite distributor.
- Lip Balm Tubes
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cup
- Sterilize your workplace and lip balm tubes with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to avoid bacteria getting into your mix.
- Measure your butters and waxes; place them into your pot. Melt them on low heat until they are liquified.
- Measure your oils and the rosemary extract and add them to your mixture.
- Use your measuring cup to pour your mixture into your lip balm tubes.
- Let the mixture cool off and then place the cap on the tubes.
- Be creative!! Do your research-- you can swap any oil for oil or a butter for a butter! Add extracts and other ingredients to make the recipes your own!
Keep up with Amanda by following her @Amanda_Pie4190!