Beauty Do's & Don'ts with Pammy from PammyBlogsBeauty.com!
I am the writer of Pammy Blogs Beauty. I blog to share my love of "all things beauty" with a modern girl's perspective. I believe all women are great beauties, so one should love their self and be happy! A good beauty routine can amplify the true beauty that lies within! While a good skincare routine and flattering makeup polishes off our outer selves, the best beauty tip in the world is to feel beautiful from the inside. When not blogging about beauty, I am a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist. I provide Speech Therapy services for special needs preschool-aged children.
Top 5 Beauty Do' and Dont's:
1. Blend. Blend. Blend!!! Make sure you take the time to blend out your eyeshadow, blush, and foundation. This makes any colors that you wear look more natural. Invest in some good brushes. They will make application and blending easier. If you take good care of them, they will serve you well for many years!
2. Do keep your nails/manicures neat. Not everyone like nor has time for polish on a daily basis. But, clean/bare nails look nice when filed and neat. Peeling polish? Take it off! Luckily for us, there are many fast dry nail color formulas on the market!
3. Exfoliate your lips! You can do this with a lip scrub (I like LUSH's), a homemade sugar and honey scrub, or devote a soft toothbrush to be your lip exfoliator. Lips that are moisturized and smooth are prepped for any lip color you like!
4. Figure out if you are cool or warm toned (or even neutral). This will help you immensely when you are selecting makeup shades. How can you figure this out? General rule: If silver jewelry looks better on you, then you are cool toned. If gold looks better, then you are warm toned.
5. Make sure your foundation or powder matches your skin tone! This may seem like a no-brainer. But, it can be hard! If you are considering a new foundation, test it first (if buying at department store or Sephora/Ulta). Be sure to check yourself with a mirror outside in natural light. Check your neck too, you don't want your face to be a totally different color than your body! If purchasing at the drugstore, shop somewhere with a good return policy. Try to select a shade that is the closest match to a bottle you already have (bring it in the store with you and hold side by side). If you try it at home and it doesn't work out, you can always return it.
1. Don't neglect your brows! So many women do. "Raising my hand": I am even guilty of skipping this step on days that I am in a hurry. You could have the worlds best makeup on, but ungroomed brows could detract from your pretty face! If nothing else keep them tamed with a clear mascara/brow gel. Super quick and easy!!!
2. Don't skimp on sleep! It is called beauty sleep for a reason. ;) Your body is able to regenerate and repair at night. I know, for some of us that is easier said than done. Make sure your night time routine is relaxing. Take some time to de-stress before bed.
3. Don't forget to moisturize your face! All skin types need moisture, even oily ones. Moisturize right after you wash your face in the morning and evenings. This is when your skin can take in moisturizer the best and it will provide a protective barrier for your skin.
4. Don't leave home without a daily application of SPF! Not only will you decrease your risk of skin cancer, but you will also minimize photo aging!
5. Don't frown! Everyone looks more beautiful with a smile! :)