10 Products To Help You Beat The Summer Heat
Summertime is one of my favorite seasons. I love feeling the warmth on my skin, the cute maxis and being able to wear sandals practically every day.
The things I don't love on the other hand is feeling like my makeup is about to melt off, my clothes sticking to me and the chances of frizzy hair on humid days (which is almost every day). The trick to beating the heat I've learned is finding the proper products for your skin and hair type. Most people assume that using the same products year long is fine, but the same way the seasons change, so does our skin's needs.
While the Winter has our skin begging for moisture, the Summer does the opposite. I've put together a list of 10 products I swear by every Summer that will sweat-proof the hottest of days.
1. L'oreal Revitalift Miracle Blurr -- I can't stress this enough - you must wear a primer before applying your makeup, especially in the Summer. By applying this particular product to your face, prior to doing your makeup, it instantly smooths out your skin. The Miracle Blurr fills in lines to make sure your makeup glides on seamlessly and helps it stay put the entire day.
2. Mehron Makeup Barrier Spray -- Spritz this setting spray onto your face once your makeup application is complete to hold it all in place. It's also going to tone down that cakey look if you used matte and powdery products.
3. MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural --For the hottest of days, less is more. Not only does this powder give you great coverage, but it's lightweight and easy to layer.
4. Borghese Nourish Eye Treatment -- Applying an eye cream day and night is going to benefit the skin around your eyes in the long run. This prevents fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles. What I love about this eye cream is how refreshing it makes the area around my eyes feel -- especially on those early mornings.
5. Borghese Moisture Lotion with SPF -- With this lotion I'm protecting my skin from the harmful rays of the sun and staying moisturized all day long. Most lotions with SPF have that sunscreen smell to them, but this one smells amazing. I love the way my skin glistens after using this lotion and it really lasts all day.
6. Mario Badescu Aloe Facial Spray -- When you skin needs a little pick-me-up mid day you'll want to reach for this spray. It's also a great item to stick in your beach bag. The aloe soothes the skin when it's been in the sun for too long.
7. Agave Oil Treatment -- For those incredibly humid days, your hair will thank you for using this. Apply to damp hair before styling and you're all set for frizz-free, smooth, shiny hair. Best part is it's super light and won't weigh your hair down.
8. LORAC Alter Ego Lipstick -- I have this lipstick in three shades and I'm definitely going back for more. The lipstick has a matte finish yet is still moisturizing. No matter what you're sipping on the color is going to last and the pigment is incredible!
9. Burt's Bees Lip Balm -- The sun can burn your lips the same way it does your skin. Burt's Bees keeps your lips moisturized and lipstick ready at any moment.
10. Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee -- There's nothing that makes me happier than iced coffee over the Summer. I love that Starbucks offers a to-go bottle that tastes just as amazing. I grab these when I'm in a rush and store it in my purse for a much needed afternoon pick-me-up. If you're looking for a beverage to cool you down, this will do the trick. Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee are available in different flavors -- the vanilla is my favorite.
Bottled Starbucks Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide. Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.