While I was out having a day of shopping over the weekend, I stopped in Sephora and fell in love with Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. Not only are the colors great for fall but you can easily do a brown smoky eye with them in no time.
Below are my steps for a 10 minute smoke that will make for a great night out this season.
- Prime the eye lids with any eye shadow primer or eye base.
- Use a neutral color eye shadow from your palette to coat the base of the lid, crease and all the way up to the brow bone.
- Line the eyes with a dark shadow (brown or black) along the last line, then take a brush with a sponge end and smudge in an upward motion.
4. Take a medium color and apply over the lid and in the crease and use a blender brush to keep blending in upward motions.
5. Using a really good blender brush, blend in the darkest color last below the crease line in an upward motion starting at the lash line, slowly blending away the “line” from the eye liner — this will give you the smoke effect. The key with a smoke effect is to blend, blend, blend.
6. Lastly take a small liner brush and line the bottom of the eye with “drop shadow”. Blend with the smudge brush, apply mascara and you’re ready for a night out.